Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Searching For Sunday

Searching For Sunday was a book I started reading awhile ago.  It reminded me of the song "Killin Me Softly" by Roberta Flack and later the Fugees.  In the lyrics the singer notes that someone has a great deal of insight into their personal struggle and pain.  The same thing is true for Searching For Sunday.  In her remarkable narrative the author Rachel Held Evans explores her journey to finding personal peace and the church in the modern era.  It sounded so familiar as if she had knowledge of my struggles with modern Christianity and finding my own place in it.  I know that from talking to others in my age bracket that they feel similarly to me and to Rachel.  Rachel's story has a happy ending whereas I am still finding my place.  Anyone seeking to find their path and who does any kind of soul searching regarding religion should certainly seek out this book.  It can be used to prove that others are struggling just as we are and can be somewhat of a how to guide/self- help text.  I keep re-reading passages over and over circling back to particular ones that are relevant to me at a particular time.  At the end of the day this book is a source of hope that the struggle will end and that there is always hope and to never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment