Monday, March 23, 2015

Change

Apparently there is the myth that it takes 21 days to form a new habit. Well, I think I have made it past that and all I know is that I would never go back to the old me.  As an Episcopalian who grew up in the Catholic faith I every year, give up something or try to take up a new habit for Lent.  Usually after Lent I return to the behaviors or habits that I gave up earlier.  This year was different.  I wanted to make a change and wanted it to last longer.  I wanted to change my attitude, my energy, my outlook- in other words just about all of me.  I took up better eating, drinking water, and exercise like many people.  I also began meditating and thinking more positively- seriously I was one negative person prior to Lent.  I actually began considering that whatever energy I put out into the universe meant something.  Finally, I began to take chances and risks more, i started to acknowledge failures as a lesson learned, and reflected back on what were my passions.  

Long ago I put down the paint brushes, the pastels, and charcoals that I used for art projects and labeled them as childish frivolity that as an adult I couldn't pursue.  Imagine my disbelief that engaging in art was a much needed creative release for me.  I have also found out that I love baking and love decorating the cupcakes I make for others.  I find myself trying new recipes (chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting!) Never before would I have even thought to do that.  

I have realized that life is a journey- one that you can enjoy and take part in.

That has helped me find peace and positive energy around me and within me.



No comments:

Post a Comment